Beyond the holiday season, summer is a major gift giving time for my family. There are always a number of wedding gifts that need to be purchased, as well as graduation gifts, summer party hostess gifts and birthday gifts.
When it comes to gift giving, I try to be creative and select a gift that is both practical and unique. And, I hardly ever give a gift listed on a gift registry, not because I’m insensitive to the recipients wants, but because I want my gift to be different and special.
Here’s are a few of my all-time classic gift ideas, perfect for just about any gift-giving occasion!
- A great hostess gift or housewarming gift–Fleur De Lys Pitcher–Anthropologie $28. I’d fill it with fresh flowers it I were taking it as a hostess gift.
- The perfect gift for a newly married couple. Chenille Throw–Restoration Hardware–$79
- The Melamine Salad Servers from French Bull make a great bridal shower gift or hostess gift. And at $15 you can’t beat the price.
- If you’re looking for a family gift or a gift for a man, this Personalized Acrylic Ice Bucket from Dabney Lee is the item. Available in lots of patterns and personalization options –$60.
- An outdoor party gift calls for Melamine Platters from-French Bull. Platters are available in round or rectangular shape and come in many fun patterns. Prices range from $18 to $25.
- I love giving (and getting) candles and one of my favorite to give is the Kula Candles from Anthropologie. I love the stylish tin containers and the $20 pricepoint.
- I purchased a set of these notepads for myself years ago and have been a fan eve since. These Personalized Notepad Sets with Holder make a great wedding, graduation or new job gift. Pick yours up from Horchow for $32.
- Who can’t use a great set of Glass Pillar Candleholders. These chunky ones are from Pottery Barn and will work with any decor style. Prices range from $19.50 to $39.50. They are also great with decorative ribbon added to them for the holiday season.
- Personalized Address Labels are one of my go-to wedding gifts, and they are always a hit. Available from Neiman Marcus–$16 to $21.
- If you’re looking for a unique graduation or anniversary gift, think about a clock. When I give a clock, I add a note about how the clock symbolizes the ” future” and “good times ahead”. Tabletop Clocks from Pottery Barn. Prices range from $29 to $59.
- The perfect gift for a special girl friend is the book entitled The Gospel According to Coco Chanel. Full of life wisdom and style advice every girl can use. Anthropologie–$19.95.
- Useful and stylish, these Monogrammed Leather Coasters from Saks Fifth Avenue are a great hostess, birthday or graduation gift. $48
- Everyone knows I love a good inspirational quote, especially ones that can be use as part of your decor. This box quote sign from Primitives by Kathy is one of many available. Inspirational Saying Plaque $46.
- When it comes to a gift for a more formal occasions, Monogrammed Linen Guest Towels are what I often choose. I love these from Pottery Barn. $19 for set of 2
- Silver Plated Picture Frames are such a versatile gift, one they everyone can use and appreciate. Available from Pottery Barn, from $14 to $34.
Wine always makes a great gift for birthday parties, anniversary events, bridal showers and as a hostess gift. But when I’m looking to make the gift of wine even more special, I add a Personalized Wine Bottle Label.
Myownlabels.com can make a label for just about any occasion and with just about any message or image. And, the custom labels can be used on food gifts, beer or even a gift baskets. This is such a great way to make your gift unique and special.
So there’s my list of top gift items… I’d love to know if you have a go to gift that you can always count on!