I’ve done a bit of organizing and de-cluttering around my place lately and am working to create storage that is pretty to look at and easy to manage.
I’m looking for ways to maximize every square inch of closet storage and bring some order to my kitchen cabinets. Of course I turned to Pinterest for some organizing inspiration and found 5 really easy and stylish ways to bring some order to the chaos.
- I love the idea of hanging bars on the inside of a closet door, creating more storage for rarely used items or in my case for my ever-expanding handbag “collection”.
- I use a variety of storage containers in my bathroom linen closets, but love the idea of making them a bit more decorative with ribbons and tags. Tags are very practical for storage in a guest bathroom, letting your guest know where needed toiletries are kept.
- Not only do I love this idea for storing measuring cups, making them readily accessible, but the conversion chart is brilliant. No more flipping through cookbooks trying to find out how many ounces are in a pint.
- Lid organization is one of my biggest kitchen storage issues. Currently they are all stacked on top of each other, but this idea of bars on the door gives me hope.
- As a self-proclaimed gift wrap hoarder, I’ve tried plastic garbage bins and those under-the-bed plastic storage bins and nothing has really worked well. I’m really liking this idea of a metal container on wheels. Not only can you see the paper easily, but moving the bin around would be a breeze.
Aren’t these ideas great? They are all pretty easy to implement and really elevate everyday organizing to a new level.
Since I’m in the middle of my organizing binge, I can’t show you the finished results of the spaces I’ve been working on, but I will show you a few highlights.
My dollar store shoe bins are getting prettied with decorative photo tags.
I’m putting Command Hooks to work on the inside of closet doors to hold handbags.
And, I’m adding decorative storage bins to my closet and laundry area.
I’ll show you the finished areas once they are all done. Stay tuned!
Do you have any good organizing tips? Please do share.