I’m sure most of you have already gotten the new Ikea catalog in the mail and a lucky few have probably had a chance to go into the store to check out all the goodness in person. I’ve yet to make time to visit the store but I have had time to turn down the corner on many pages in the catalog. There are so many new items I’m loving and lots of old items I seeing in a new light after seeing them in newly styled photos.
My list of must-see items is long but I’ve managed to narrow it down to a handful of top picks I wanted to share with you. These are the cream-of-the-crop in my book.
1) The Stockholm Sofa, which I’ve already seen on many blogs and Instagram feeds. This baby is going to be super popular and the green velvet is by far going to be the color of choice. My love the this sofa has gone so far as to ask the hubs if he likes that color, which is something I normally don’t do unless I’m serious about a piece.
2) Hjalmaren Wall Shelf is pretty slick. The catalog showed it styled in a bathroom but I can see this with books in a library or kids room, or even in my office
3) What’s not to love about this Stockholm chair? I think it would make a pretty darn cute desk chair. My vote is for the stain finish, but it’s also available in green.
4) My pulse quickened when I saw this yellow Stockholm cabinet. I love everything about it from the glass doors to the legs and the door pulls. Just wait, I predict you’re going to see this on many a design blog over the next few months.
5) How cute is the Vittsjo table?? When I saw it I thought about all those times I’m trying to work in front of the TV and how handy this would be. For $24.99 I can already see this being a hot DIY paint project for bloggers across the globe. Don’t you think it would look great in gold or red?
6) The Ullgump rug! The name is nowhere near as awesome as this rug. It’s available in black and white also but my vote is for the orange and white color combo.
7) The Stockholm 2-Drawer Cabinet is just too darn cute. I love the emerald green color and the wood stain finish on the inside. I’d replace the wood legs with some chrome casters to really make it sing.
Just in case you’re wondering what other items caught my fancy, here are a few that almost made my cream-of-the-crop list:
Pg.157, item 13–Is this the new “it” rug from Ikea??
Pg. 288, item 1–This would be so pretty with pink flowers in it!
Pg. 200, item 1–Could be really stunning in a powder room!
I can’t wait until my schedule opens up and I can get to Ikea to do a little in-person browsing and shopping!
So, what’s new items are you loving from Ikea? I’d love to know!